Ted and KimberlyTed Ross started dancing in his parents’ ballroom at the age of 4 and is an accomplished instructor and performer in many forms of dance including; American Smooth and Rhythm, International Standard and Latin, Swing, Salsa, and Argentine Tango. Competing and performing for over 25 years in the U.S. and abroad, Ted’s achievements include:
– Standard Champion as a Junior at age 14
– Finalist in the U.S. Professional Rising Star Latin Championships by age 23
– Professional Intl. Standard Division at the 2002 “San Francisco Autumn Dance Classic”~ Runner Up
– Professional Intl. Standard Rising Star at the 2004 “San Francisco Open” ~ Finalist
– Professional Intl. Standard Division at the 2006 “Ultimate Dance Sport Championship” in Sacramento, CA in 2006 ~ Champion
As Owner and Director of the Candlelight Ballroom Dance School for seven years coupled with six years as Co-Director and Choreographer of the “San Francisco Ballroom Dance Theater”, Ted Ross is regarded as one of the most well rounded professionals in the field of partner dancing. Ted is certified by Dance Vision International Dance Association (DVIDA) and is a DVIDA Regional Examiner.
Ted met Kimberly in 2001 at a social dance and their chemistry was undeniable. They were soon married. Initially, as Ted’s Pro-Am partner, Kimberly applied her training in gymnastics, modern, jazz, ballet and aerobics to partner dancing to receive honors as “Top Soloist” at the “San Francisco City Lights Ball” in March, 2007. Kimberly debuted as a Professional at the “Love Is In The Air” show in September, 2007. Ted and Kimberly went on to become finalists at the 2011 Heritage Classic Dancesport Championships in the Professional Theatre Arts Division. Having moved to Asheville, North Carolina in November 2007, Ted and Kimberly now enjoy teaching classes and workshops together at the Asheville Ballroom & Dance Centre. In addition to their group classes, Ted and Kimberly are available for coaching, private lessons and performances.